2015/11/05

loveyou


i remember the time i almost told you i love you. i was nitpicking with the articles and the verbs, unsure which nouns should fit in to my preludes to embellish the three words of the most common expression of affection. it ended with an unassured quietness. your face, once gleaming with youth and idealism, was wearied and impatient. my hesitations and fear of forever tightened my tongue. i remember when your tired eyes met my fearful mine, and i simply cowered myself back to the prospects of staying within my shell of singleness.

we parted that night. it was the last time i saw you and the last opportunity to be physical and personal with you. we stayed in contact. for a while more until the messages stopped coming and sending.

i remember. i loved you. unexpressed but real. and it stays as a memory.


photo:
mae hong son | thailand
january 2013
    

No comments:

Post a Comment